Monday, July 22, 2013

They Say, I Say post#2

Summary 1:

In Zinczenko's, "Don't Blame the Eater", he argues that fast food is much cheaper and easier to find than healthier foods in grocery stores. However, there are quite a few different alternatives we could use to provide a nice, healthy meal for ourselves without spending too much money. There are, in fact, cheap items such as fruits, vegetables, salads, and even more that we can find in grocery stores that are still tasty and don't cost very much. There are also other possibilities such as growing gardens and cooking your own food at home. These are easy, cheap, yet still tasty ways to eat without having to buy from fast food.

Summary 2:

In America, many people give us the stereotype as "fat, lazy, Americans", which I sadly believe is true for a lot of people. However, being overweight can be a medical problem as well. I know many people with type 2 diabetes, but that is from being overweight. Although, these people are in my family and obesity, unfortunately is genetic for us. Unlike some people, we have to watch our weight a lot more than others do. I also have friends who eat nothing but healthy food and exercise all the time but they just cannot lose weight! These are genetics and medical issues of being overweight. If us Americans watched what we ate more and exercised regualrly, we would not have this stereotype as "fat, lazy, Americans."

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that there are plenty of healthy food choices that don't include fast food. I am interested by your opinion that obesity in fact can be genetic. This is a different opinion from what other students have expressed and the concept of type two diabetes never occurred to me. Thanks for having a different opinion from most of the other essays I have read. :) Your essay has caused me to rethink my own opinion on the matter!

    ReplyDelete